18th century style linen shirt in teale
Our new shade of green is teal, bluey green, peacock shade – a good quality very fine Irish linen.
The shirt pulls on over the head and fastens with wooden buttons at collar, front and on cuffs. The 100% Irish linen is a lightweight fabric with a soft handle, washes well.
This linen mans shirt is cut to an historic pattern with the front and back cut as a single piece. It features neck and underarm gores, and gathering at the wrists and sleeve head. Also a piece running across shoulder for strength (see photo).
The front slit opening closes with a button at the collar and 3 buttons on the front neck opening.
The cuffs are fastened by buttons. The shirt goes on over the head and the collar can be worn up or folded back.
The 100% Irish linen is a lightweight fabric with a soft handle, washes well.
The garment is sewn by machine with internal seams finished by over locking.
The garment comes in the following sizes, all generously proportioned:
– Extra Small: Cross garment 20.5″, back length 27″, front length 25″, neck 14.5″
– Small: Cross garment 21.5″, back length 28.5″, front length 26.5″, neck 15″
– Medium: Cross garment measures 25″, back length 31″, front length 29″,neck 16″
– Large : Cross garment 27.5″, back length 32.5″, front length 31″ – to suit a man who usually wears a large shirt, , neck 17″
– X Large : Cross garment 30″, back length 34″, front length 32″ – to suit a tall or broad man who usually wears an extra large shirt, neck 18″
XXL – made to order only – our XL is generous and loose and is usually big enough so we only make XXLs to order with sleeve lengths and collars to fit
Please use the contact button if you wish to discuss what size might suit you. We do make to fit, but we like customers to try a standard size as a starting point.